My sister brought over a bunch of bananas on Easter Monday. Of course, they were too ripe to eat so I decided to make Banana Bread. I had all the ingredients to make Banana Bread except for the eggs. Luckily, my sweet neighbor, Angie, had eggs and so I was able to get started.
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup of granulated sugar
4 small ripe bananas, mashed
1 stick of unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and set aside.
- Combine the sugar, bananas, butter, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
4. Add flour mixture to the banana mixture. Gently incorporate ingredients. Do NOT over mix. The batter will be a little lumpy.
5. Pour into a buttered 9-inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake for 50-55 minutes.
7. Allow loaf to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. The parchment paper makes is easy to lift the bread loaf out of the pan.
8. Turn out onto a cooling rack and allow to cool for 5 more minutes.
Serve warm with butter or eat it as is with a cup of hot tea or coffee.
The second loaf is for my neighbor!
Please let me know what you think. Enjoy!
Notes – I used 2 (8 in. x 3 7/8 in. x 2 15/32 in.) pans. The 2 loaf pans took about 40 minutes to bake.