Hello Homeschool Friends!
Don’t miss the 36th Annual Virginia Homeschool Convention coming this June.
This year, the Home Educator’s Association of Virginia (HEAV) will host their annual conference at the Greater Richmond Convention Center June 6-8, 2019.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
January 10 – May 23
Full convention, $99
Shopping only, $39
Full convention, $109
Shopping only, $39
*HEAV members save $10!
- Kirk Cameron – Actor|Director|Speaker
- Steve Demme – Creator of Math-U-See
- Ruth Tennis – RainbowResource.com
- Andrew Kern -CircleInstitute.org
- Heather Haupt – Cultivated Learning
- Classical Conversations – Home-centered education movement by teaching parents and students the classical tools of learning so that they can discover God’s created order and beauty – and as a result – enable others to do the same.
- Covenant Eyes – Helping parents know what their children are looking at online so they can block the bad stuff and help them make wise choices.
- Demme Learning – Parental engagement in the learning process. Multi-sensory instruction. Sequential instruction that builds from concept to concept to achieve mastery. Guided discovery with a committed instructor. Individualized instruction that adapts to each student’s unique strengths.
- Essentials in Writing – Video based homeschool writing curriculum for your home school. Students learn how to effectively communicate with readers in written language and become confident writers.
- Rainbow Resources – Provides educational products to homeschoolers, parents, and educators. They carry over 50,000 educational products in all subject areas.
- Sonlight Curriculum – Complete Christian homeschool curriculum. Easy-to-use lesson plans, schedules, materials, and lots of books from preschool to high school. Choose from 4-day or 5-day per week program.
- Usborne Books – Books for children of all ages, fiction, non-fiction, and award-winning titles.
I love attending homeschool conferences. It’s how I get to see first hand what they offer. It’s also a great way to explore all my options before making a decision that’s right for my family.
You could make a holiday/field trip out of homeschool conferences. Book a hotel, explore the town, visit museums/parks, historic buildings, site seeing, and do a little shopping. Take the entire family to the conference, attend workshops, visit the exhibit hall, and explore the used curriculum/books sale. This is a great opportunity to acquire homeschool resources for a bargain! You can register and sell your own used books/curriculum if that interests you.
Enjoy! I hope this helps. Good luck in your homeschooling endeavors.